What Asexuality Is And Is Not is the first episode in the Ask an Asexual series. Sheena is joined by author and podcaster, Heather Rose Jones and author Alex Woods to talk about what it really means to be an asexual.
In this episode we
- learn what Asexuality is and is not
- discuss some common myths, stereotypes and answering listener questions.
Heather and Alex answer
- How you come to label yourself asexual
- The claim that Asexuals don’t exist
- What’s the difference between being asexual and aromantic
- Does asexual mean not having any sexual feelings, or does it mean not having sexual feelings towards another person?
- How can an asexual know he or she is homosexual or straight if he or she is not driven by sex attraction? Is there another kind of attraction? What is this attraction?
- Are you born asexual?
- Plus Heather gets geeky about spectrums and we love it.
Listen to this episode here
What Asexuality Is And Is Not
Ask An Asexual
Episode 1 of 6
Find Heather Rose Jones Online
Check out her book with an asexual main character The Mystic Marriage
Find Alex Woods Online
Some Asexual Resources: