Val’s Father Finds Out. Sheena and Monica chat about #Juliantina, a lesbian couple featured in the show Amar A Muerte – A Mexican soap opera and they fast gained global popularity.
On this episode:
- Juls wants to put the breaks on
- Using the word Normal a lot to describe their relationship and the importance of using the world Normal
- How their intimacy becomes a forcing function of other people discovering their relationship
- The merits of single season shows vs ongoing shows
- “My daughter is not homosexual, she has had boyfriends” – an overused trope or a needed way to open the conversation about being gay and how it’s not a single experience fits all scenario
- Val becomes the girl lying on her bed thinking about her love interest
- The use of flashbacks and why it works
- Juls gets a message from Sergio asking if she wants to hang out
- Guille asks Val about what’s making her so happy
Listen to this podcast here:
You can find Jael’s Dropbox link to watch the show with english subtitles here
About the hosts
Sheena has an honours degree in film and a passion for watching movies that started in her early teens. She is never far from her kindle or her netflix and is a super fan of content that specifically features lesbians or women loving women couples.
Monica McCallan was an enthusiastic fan of romance novels before she began writing them.
She lives with her partner and two tiny dogs, cannot parallel park to save her life, enjoys playing pool a few times a week, and has enjoyed every second of the craft beer explosion these last few years.
This show is hosted on a separate podcast host from the rest of The Lesbian Talkshow because it is a long running series.
Look for Lesbians On Screen anywhere you get your podcasts to find the entire series or get it on