How to Stay in Shape When You’re Busy
Novelist and Motivational Blogger Suzie Carr shares some fun and easy to implement ways you can bring fitness to your busy life.
In this episode, learn how to:
- Work fitness into your morning routine: Get those feel good chemicals flooding your brain. If you do it in the morning, it’s done. Nothing can interfere. If you’re morning schedule is already overwhelming, then rise half an hour earlier.
- Make the right choices: We’re faced with choices every second of the day. Sometimes, a simple tweak in our typical decision-making can bring many benefits.
- Turn exercise into fun: Who says exercise should be hard or boring? Learn to incorporate activity you love, and exercise will be something you look forward to.
- Become more efficient: Love watching television? Guess what? You can watch the tube and get fit at the same time following these simple additions during commercial breaks.
- Maximize break time: Work hard for 60 minutes, then give yourself a break! Go for a walk, stretch, break out into some simple power exercises for 5 minutes. At the end of an 8 hour workday, you’ll have gotten in plenty of exercise.
Schedule an appointment with yourself: Put in on your calendar like an appointment. Chances are you’ll show up! If you schedule it as part of your day and make it non-negotiable, you’re more apt to stick to it and not allow someone to sabotage this important time you set for yourself.
A Note to Listeners:
I’m always looking for show topics. Sure, I have a lot of ideas, but never enough! I need your help with this. Drop me a line with something you’d like to see covered on Curves Welcome.