On the Shelf for August 2019 – Your monthly update on what the Lesbian Historic Motif Project has been doing.
Episode 27a with Heather Rose Jones
Listen to this episode here
In this episode:
- Your podcast host at Worldcon in Ireland
- Recent and upcoming publications covered on the blog
- Staples, Kate Kelsey. 2011. Daughters of London: Inheriting Opportunity in the Late Middle Ages. Brill, Leiden. ISBN 978- 9004203112
- Amtower, Laurel and Dorothea Kehler (eds). 2003. The Single Woman in Medieval and Early Modern England: Her Life and Representation. Arizona Center for Medieval and Renaissance Studies, Tempe. ISBN 0-06698-306-6
- Clark, Anna (ed). 2011. The History of Sexuality in Europe: A Sourcebook and Reader. New York: Routledge.
- Announcing this month’s author guest, Penny Mickelbury
- Announcing this month’s fiction episode: “The Black Handkerchief” by Gwen C. Katz
- New and forthcoming fiction
- The Pages of Adeena by C. M. Castillo
- Jobyna’s Blues by Jane Alden
- Paris for Two: Til Death Do We Part by Dolores Maggiore
- The Snow Queen by Amy Selvidge
- The Moss House by Clara Barley
- Valerie: or, the Faculty of Dreams by Sara Stridsberg (translated by Deborah Bragan-Turner)
- A Summer of Fever and Freedom by Chelsey Engel
- A Little Light Mischief by Cat Sebastian
- The Ventriloquists by E.R. Ramzipoor
- Heroine of Her Own Life by Constance Emmett
- Call for submissions for the 2020 LHMP audio short story series. See here for details.
- A transcript of this podcast is available here.
Links to the Lesbian Historic Motif Project Online