A Mother’s Love. Sheena and Monica chat about #Juliantina, a lesbian couple featured in the show Amar A Muerte – A Mexican soap opera and they fast gained global popularity.
In this episode we talk about:
- Crying while still looking pretty
- Taking the time to let coming out reactions be played out gives it a more realistic feel
- Bridging the exposition vs thoughts using flashbacks
- Our reaction to Lucho telling Val -“Your life is out of control since you broke up with me”
- The flicker of hope when Lupe says, “You’re my daughter, of course I accept you.”
- Guille is in jail
Listen to this episode here
You can find Jael’s Dropbox link to watch the show with english subtitles here
About the hosts
Sheena has an honours degree in film and a passion for watching movies that started in her early teens. She is never far from her kindle or her netflix and is a super fan of content that specifically features lesbians or women loving women couples.
Monica McCallan was an enthusiastic fan of romance novels before she began writing them.
She lives with her partner and two tiny dogs, cannot parallel park to save her life, enjoys playing pool a few times a week, and has enjoyed every second of the craft beer explosion these last few years.
This show is hosted on a separate podcast host from the rest of The Lesbian Talkshow because it is a long running series.
Look for Lesbians On Screen anywhere you get your podcasts to find the entire series or get it on