Sheena and Tamara talk about 10 Things You Should Never Say To A Lesbian in this episode of Les Talk About It.
It is really frustrating when someone learns that you are gay and they immediately go from being a normal person to asking you things as if you are an exhibition at the zoo.
So, for all you lesbians out there who don’t want to have to deal with this – we made this podcast so that you can play it for THOSE people. You know the ones, and maybe they will learn a little something.
- If you want to be with a woman that looks like a guy then why not just be with a guy?
- You would look so pretty in a dress/with longer hair/with some make up on
- If you use a strap on then why not just date a guy?
- Are you a virgin?
- When did you become gay?
- I’m a lesbian too (said a guy)
- But you are too pretty to be a lesbian
- This is a phase/you will change your mind when you meet the right guy
- That’s so gay
- You are not like those other gays/you are so normal
Listen to the episode here
Les Talk About It Series: Being Lesbian
In this long running series we look at busting myths, representation, groundbreaking info and representation that matters.
About The Hosts
Sheena comes from a media background and in 2014 she started The Lesbian Review, a website dedicated to reviewing the best lesbian books and movies. In 2016 A podcast channel seemed like a natural progression and so she started The Lesbian Talkshow.
Sheena discovered lesbian fiction in her late teens and it helped her with her coming out process, something for which she will always be grateful.
Tamara is a marketing professional and has branched out into design and photography. Her natural love for research and learning meant that she was the perfect podcast partner when Sheena wanted to start Les Talk About It. (Well, that and the fact that Tamara is married to Sheena.)