In this episode of Les Talk About It, Sheena and Tamara chat about the pros and cons of coming out.
The process of coming out
- Coming out to yourself
- Coming out to your loved ones
- Coming out to people at work
- Coming out to the world at large
Pros To Coming Out
- It is less stressful
- It is easier to date
- It allows you to be okay with yourself
- It helps helps you feel less different
- It helps you see all your allies
- You can become an ally to someone else
- Allows you to connect with other lesbians
- Dispel myths about lesbians
- Makes you feel like part of a community.
Cons To Coming Out
- It can be dangerous
- You can lose your job
- You can find out that people who you thought were friends are actually bigots
What No One Tells You About Coming Out
Coming out is not a once off thing. You will forever be coming out.
Author Clare Lydon comes out
Author Kiki Archer comes out